What is an STD?
An STD is a sexually transmitted disease and most people will have an STD in their lifetime. It's estimated that there are 19 million new cases of STDs in the U.S. each year. One of the reasons why STDs are so common is because they are often "silent." You can be infected without showing any sign of an infection. STDs are often passed through sexual activity but can be passed to an unborn child during pregnancy, through IV drug needles, skin-to-skin, or through breastfeeding.
How do I know if I have an STD?
Often, STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea have no signs or symptoms. You won't see a bump or a rash or have an itch. That's one of the reasons why STDs are so common and problematic. You are probably reading this because you are worried that you may been infected with an STD. The only way to know if you have an STD is to get a simple STD test. It's very easy. We help thousands of people each month get answers and get relief fast. Plus, we will connect you with a doctor if you test positive for any STD. That's healthcare on your time.
Which STDs can I get tested for?
You can get tested today for the 8 most common STDs: chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, herpes 1, herpes 2, HIV, and syphilis. Order here, find a test center near you, and go. You'll give a blood and urine sample — it's very quick and anonymous. In 3 business days or less, you'll receive an email from APG Services, alerting you that results are available on the secure site. Login to view your results. And if you test positive, we'll connect you to a doctor at no additional charge. Welcome to the healthcare revolution.
Is oral sex considered "safe sex"?
In a word, no. You can get an STD from oral sex, both giving and receiving. It is a relatively lower-risk activity compared to vaginal or anal sex. But, to be safe, use a latex or polyurethane condom or a dental dam when giving or receiving oral sex. The main concern is cuts or sores in the mouth. Herpes is spread from skin to skin contact. You should know that condoms decrease the risk but are not 100% effective in preventing herpes transmission during oral sex. syphilis is very easy to spread through oral sex. Bottom line? Oral sex is not safe sex.
Are the tests offered accurate?
The tests we offer are the same tests doctors and hospitals order from the same CLIA-certified labs. These are the gold standard tests in the industry, using nucleic acid amplification technology, DNA PCR technology and type specific testing.
Will I have to get swabbed at the test center?
No. No swabbing. You won't have to take off your clothes, change into a gown, and answer embarrassing questions. These tests are run on urine and blood samples. It's fast. Most people are in and out in about 15 minutes.
Are there any resources where I can get support?
Have more questions?
We have more answers in our FAQ.
- Comprehensive 8 Test Panel $249.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- Chlamydia + Gonorrhea Panel $149.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- Chlamydia Nucleic Acid Amplification Test $99.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- Gonorrhea Nucleic Acid Amplification Test $99.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Test $79.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- Hepatitis C Surface Antibody Test (Anti-HCV) $79.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- Herpes IgG Test $149.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- HIV-1 with Confirmation Test $79.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- HIV Early Detection Test $199.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more
- Syphilis Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) Test $79.95 + Doctor Consult Included If Appropriate Learn more